News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: FIXED: OPT1 outbound traffic issue  (Read 1768 times)
« on: April 05, 2010, 15:24:19 »
basher590 *

Hello,

I have recently added an OPT1 interface to my monowall 1.3 running on a generic PC.
I am letting monowall do all the NAT'ting. Advanced Outbound NAT is turned off.

I can access my OPT1 machines form the LAN as I have specified in ym rules, and I can access the OPT1 machines from the WAN/Internet using the external address of the monowall and all inbound NAT is working as it should be.
But, I cannot get anywhere from my OPT1 subnet. I'd like to give some machines access to the internet. Whenever a machine from the OPT1 interface tries to access anything beyond it's own subnet the monowall blocks the packets, and logs them as well. I have tried many different rules including a completely open rule on the OPT1 interface but nothing makes the slightest bit of difference going from OPT1 out to anywhere.

My LAN Subnet is 192.168.124.0/24 and my OPT1 is 172.16.11.0/24 I also have block private networks turned on for the WAN Interface, but I tried switching that off, applying - rebooting, but it made no difference.
I am stumped, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Chris
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 15:57:00 by basher590 »
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 15:56:41 »
basher590 *

OK, you can ignore this one now. After numerous reboots it just seemed to start working!  Roll Eyes \
No idea why, but I am happy it's all working as it should be now. Shocked)
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 06:19:38 »
udippel *

OK, you can ignore this one now. After numerous reboots it just seemed to start working!  Roll Eyes \
No idea why, but I am happy it's all working as it should be now. Shocked)

Any news from this? I seem to hit a similar situation:
webGUI from the inside, m0n0wall talks perfectly well to the outside, but I can't reach the outside from the inside.

Is your 'solution' (numerous reboots) viable?  Wink

Pages: [1]