News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Soekris 4501 shows memory usage at 98% with firmware 1.31  (Read 2150 times)
« on: April 08, 2010, 17:00:09 »
yonailo *

Hi,

has anybody else seen this behaviour?
Is it right ?

I have uploaded the new firmware while at work, so maybe I would need to do a hard-reset (unplug the cable)....

Do I have to worry if memory usage is at 98% ? From what I have seen until now, the router seems to be working well, I can navigate through the web interface....

Thanks.

JFRH
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 10:30:10 »
brushedmoss ****

The image got a little bit bigger between 1.3 and 1.31 , there was some code added which made a small increase, and then the overall disk image (which is loaded into RAM) was made bigger as we had reports of it not having enough free space for some logs etc causing dhcpd to stop giving addresses to clients.

If your not having a problem then 98% is ok :-)

Longer term, the plan is to change the disk image so that RAM is only used for disk partitions that are RW, and the actual disk medium or cdrom is used for RO, this will allow us to add more to the image and update from older versions of dhcpd etc to newer (much bigger) versions without dropping support for these platforms that are limited to 64MB, and will free up RAM. 

Pages: [1]