News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: M0n0wall doesn't like my USB stick?  (Read 3437 times)
« on: April 19, 2010, 11:57:43 »
jaybird *

Hello!

Gonna set up two m0n0walls for a VPN-solution, 1 in VMware, and one on a normal PC. The PC is a Fujitsu Siemens Primergy TX100 S1.

And the VMware one is running great, tho I've had some problems with the other one.

I first had a random USB-stick, don't know what vendor it was. I fired up the PC, inserted the CD-ROM & USB-stick and restarted the PC. It worked flawless, no problems at all. When I was finished configured it, I desided to take a backup of the config on the USB stick, connected a monitor and a USB-keyboard to the PC, and when I connected the USB-keyboard, the USB stick got dismounted, god know why. I shut down the PC by pressing the "power-on button", wich sends out a shut down signal so it shut downs the right way. I dismounted the USB-stick, plugged it into my laptop, currently running W7, and the USB-stick went up to be non-readable, no matter what.

So, I went to find a new USB-stick to start it all over, a "LaCie ImAKey" thing, the metal one looks like a key, and I got the lovley message saying:

* WARNING!
* No FAT formatted USB memory stick or floppy disk could be found
* Your configuration changes will be lost on reboot
[...]

I formatted the USB stick in Windows 7, tried both FAT & FAT32, none of them worked. Tried with a new pen of the same kind, didn't work either, neither on another PC.

So, since there is no floppydisk thing builtin on the PC, I tried with a USB-floppy thing, formatted it in FAT, but I got the same message as above.

So, anyone have a clue in another way I can format this USB-stick to make it work? ATM I ain't got no Linux destros up going.

Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 17:27:46 »
tamriel *

try to format your stick by HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool

PS sorry speak poor ^_^

Pages: [1]