News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: No function on ArInfotek Teak 3018  (Read 1293 times)
« on: April 22, 2010, 11:40:54 »
udippel *

Teak 3018 is a quite normal i386 with a typical PC-BIOS, 8MB of basic VGA, two USB. I had run Debian and OpenBSD on it. Since it is an embedded system, I tried the soekris image: embedded-1.32.img. While the Soekris serial console (I also own a net4801) had worked immediately after setting the baud rate to 19200, here I had no success. Not with 19200, neither with 9600, not with 115200, not with 300 and not with 4800. There are characters visible, but almost all question marks. The Teak 3018 has a very basic VGA, and USB, so I tried VGA and keyboard, but at start of kernel loading, the display seems to be off, and then the characters start rolling in on the terminal program only, but garbled (see above).
Seems to be the end of the line.

Okay, since the Teak 3018 is basically an i386, I tried the generic-pc-1.32.img next. Not much more success, but quite different: Now nothing at all on the terminal program, though I just plug the cable forth and back between Soekris (works fine) and the Teak. With generic-pc-1.32.img all kernel messages appear on the screen of the monitor connected to the VGA, finishing with the usual 'm0n0wall console setup' (though this is not console ...). But none of the four NICs works. Strangely enough, the monitor says
LAN -> sis0
WAN -> sis1
though there is no sis. the four NICs are properly identified by their fxp0-fxp3 (kernel messages). There is no way to connect with a DHCP-client to any of the four NICs. Neither does using a static address work. The data link layer is correct, of cause, and dmesg shows the proper 'down', 'up' and 100 Mb full duplex. But no ping, no dhcp (which is normal, as far as I am concerned, since the 'sis' are not 'fxp'. May I assume this is a bug? According to http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.2R/hardware-i386.html sis and fxp are supported.)
But then, still, why is the serial console dead?

Any hint appreciated,

Uwe

Pages: [1]