News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Need some help with PhysDiskWrite  (Read 4282 times)
« on: April 26, 2010, 10:58:55 »
jaybird *

Hello! Just got a CompactFlash SataII controller and a SanDisk 2GB Compactflash card, and need some help getting the m0n0wall image into the CF card.

I use the physdiskwriteGUI as you can see on this picture http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/9079/m0n01.png. My problem is, I don't think it actually write anything to my card. I right click on the CF-drive, choose  "Image laden", and browse to my m0n0wall.img file. Then, the I click the "Remove 2GB restriction (WARNING!" thingie, press ok, and then the text below pop up:

WARNUNG:
Möcht Sie die Disk '\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE1' wirklich überschreiben?
Wichtig: Dieser Schritt kann NICHT Rückgängig gemacht werden!

I press OK to continue, then "PhysDiskWrite beendet." pop up.

After I've done that, you the size on the CF-card, seen from Windows, its as empty as before I started. I also tried to boot from it, but nothing happend.

Anyone know what might be wrong? =)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 23:36:37 »
dreamslacker *

Seems like you have the CF card installed in a card reader while trying to use PHYSDISKWRITE.

Is the CF card even working with the SATA converter (some of them are quite anal about the CF card you use, particularly when the card doesn't do UDMA).

You might want to try using the CF card with the converter for the PHYSDISKWRITE.  At least, it lets you know if the combo works in the first place.

Also, thumbdrives work just fine.  You don't need to use CF cards and converters.  I have Monowall 1.3.2 running off a Sandisk Cruzer Micro 2GB thumbdrive right now using the generic PC img.

Pages: [1]