News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: User Password Change Captive Portal  (Read 5885 times)
« on: April 27, 2010, 18:17:07 »
tomberlin55 *

I am using the build in User Manager for the Captive Portal Users.
Unfortunaly I have to set a Password for the User. So I as the administrator know the Password of the user and that is not good.
The question is: how can the user change his password?
I couldn't find a reference in the manual or a hint on the internet...
Thomas
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 12:19:15 »
Fatboy *

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's not possible with internal functions of Monowall (at the moment).
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 13:35:29 »
Manuel Kasper
Administrator

I've committed a patch (contributed by Stephane Billiart) for this feature to the repository two days ago. It will be in the next m0n0wall release (no ETA on that though).
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 21:01:08 »
tomberlin55 *

I've committed a patch (contributed by Stephane Billiart) for this feature to the repository two days ago. It will be in the next m0n0wall release (no ETA on that though).
So I might need to implement a radius server, but I fear the additional work and the learning curve...
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 23:36:46 »
Manuel Kasper
Administrator

So I might need to implement a radius server, but I fear the additional work and the learning curve...

Huh? No, if you have a little time, then you just need to wait for the next release, which will allow local captive portal users to change their password, without involving a RADIUS server.
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 17:58:24 »
serangku *

Huh? No, if you have a little time, then you just need to wait for the next release, which will allow local captive portal users to change their password, without involving a RADIUS server.

nice to know that ...
actually when it come
thanks ...
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 14:15:05 »
webGandalf *

So i see, this is now implemented. But how can a user open this page. I dont see how i can implement that, or which link the user must open.

Is there a keyword to implement on the Login-Page to open the password changing page.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 14:21:27 by webGandalf »
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 21:09:27 »
webGandalf *

Okay, for all, they search for the awnser her:

When you are logged in the internet over the cptive portal and you open the again the captive portal over the link ip:8000 then the status page will be open.

Its easy, but nowhere documented - nowhere i have searched, and that was the hard thing.....

I hope now others must not going this hard way.
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 11:49:31 »
webGandalf *

It's amazing... now i cant no longer open the status pages this way. I dont know way. Ther is nothing changed in the configuration of my m0n0wall.
 Huh Huh Huh

Pages: [1]