News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Possible DHCP Bug  (Read 3902 times)
« on: July 15, 2010, 05:06:03 »
rpsmith ***

1.32 "PC Engines WRAP"

LAN DHCP Server stopped working after un-bridging OPT1 interface.

Turns out OPT1's  DHCP range was invalid as it picked up an old configuration from when it was not bridged in the past and the old DHCP range did not match the current OPT1 subnet.  After correcting the OPT1 DHCP range, the LAN DHCP started working again.

Rather strange the a misconfigured OPT1 DHCP range could kill a properly configured LAN DHCP but that appears to be the case.

Roy...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 10:33:54 by rpsmith »
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 00:49:59 »
christianhenschel *

1.33 on PC Engines ALIX

If I'm configuring on one physical interface a nativ "VLAN" and a second VLAN-tagged with id 1000 (in my case) and then activating on both interfaces DHCP Server (with different Subnets), then no one in the physical connected network becomes an address on this network interface.
After disabling DHCP Server on the virtual interface, DHCP works fine on the original physical interface.

If something should be not clear to understand feel free to notify me and I'll try to explain it with more details.

Thank you for helping
chris
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 00:23:28 »
sinloft *

1.34 Soekris net 5501

I have a similar problem,  I have a LAN & WLAN Interface which are bridged and there is a dhcp server configured for them. LAN3 has one server with VMs connected to it and 3 VLANs with dhcp servers that hva LAN3 as it's parent interface. I recently bought another Server that will run VMs and I wanted to configure VLANs for the interface LAN2 that will connect to the server (just like on LAN3). I configured a VLAN and chose LAN2 as its parent interface. If I now enable the VLAN interface, the clients connecting to LAN or WLAN do not get dhcp leases anymore. If I disable the VLAN interface everything is fine again.

Is there a way to debug the dhcp traffic? I can provide you with my config if anyone is interested/willing to help me debug this behaviour.

Thanks
Chris

Pages: [1]