News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: IPSec tunnel m0n0wall - Netgear FVS328  (Read 2281 times)
« on: July 26, 2010, 13:26:13 »
vaiki *

I've created a tunnel at work between a m0n0wall 1.32 and a Netgear FVS328. The tunnel seem to be working ok, I can access the GUI on both firewalls and I can ping computers on each side of the tunnel.
But... I can't browse any shares (Windows Networking, SMB) on workstations on both LAN's through the tunnel.

I have set up another tunnels where I have m0n0wall at both ends and have never experienced this issue before.

The tunnel is on a private network 10.0.0.0/8
The m0n0wall endpoint has the WAN IP 10.0.0.217 and it's LAN is 192.168.1.0/24
The Netgear endpoint has the WAN IP 10.0.0.54 and it's LAN is 192.168.0.0/24

NetBIOS is enabled through the Netgear, the firewall on the m0n0wall is set to let any traffic through on LAN and IPSec.

I am at home right now, and I don't have all the specs available, but if anyone has experienced this before, or have set up a similar tunnel and have any ideas, please let me know... any help is much appreciated.

//EDIT//
Tried with a Netgear 338 now and the problem is the same...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 03:51:29 by vaiki »
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 02:10:29 »
WRR *

I have this similarly configured with Netgear devices and it was a royal pain to get the settings right to establish the connection but have it working. You seem to have gotten the hard part done and they are talking to each other if you can ping across them. Are you sure your settings allow each side access to the whole range or needed IPs on the other side including the server where you have the SMB shares you want to map? I recall initially I had it set for example so that my co-workers from work could only see the IP of my home server from work and not for instance my wife's computer but I had it set so that from home I could see the whole range of IPs at work.

Pages: [1]