News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Authenticated and Guest access  (Read 1304 times)
« on: November 19, 2010, 03:17:07 »
adam4328232 *

I've tried searching, but I'm not sure how to phrase my search, so now I'm going to try asking.  If you can think of a thread that's better please point me in the right direction.

I've just set up monowall and I really like it.  However, I was wondering if there is any way to add in a second WAN interface.  One WAN would be connected to a private network that has internet access, and the other would be connected directly to the internet, bypassing the private network.

The idea that I have is that when the user sees the portal page they could either type in a name and password or click on a link that says Guest (or type in guest/guest for the name and password).  The authenticated user would go through the private WAN interface and the guest would get the internet only WAN interface.  That way authenticated users would have access to our internal network, and guest users would only have access to the internet.

It seems like this should be possible.  The guest user would get a firewall rule that sends them through one WAN and the authenticated user would have a different rule to send them through the other WAN.

Pages: [1]