News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Just Some Ideas  (Read 1438 times)
« on: December 24, 2010, 18:56:51 »
phillip1983 **

Hi ,

i have been absent from the forum for a while but am back now...

i have been thinking about some ideas and not sure if they have been suggested but here goes..

High Availibility
i was playing around with 2 draytek routers the 3300v ones and they have the really simple ability to act as High availibility internet access gateways IE one is Master and one is slave, if the master goes off line or stops responding etc the other takes over, the reason i mention the draytek 3300v is because i love how simple the device and firmware it etc

Load Balancing (Outbound)
again on the Draytek 3300v there is the ability to specify which WAN connection to send a host or traffic out on, i can set up a simple run is like a second to say i want my computer to use WAN 1 while other computers should use WAN 2

Load balancing (Inbound) Kinda
the ability to bind services and NAT rules to a specified WAN port like SSH can come in on WAN 3 and go to PC A while SMTP can come in on WAN 1 and go to server A or WWW cane come in on WAN 4 etc etc etc....

Email reports
i was setting up another FreeNAS box last weekend and configured the email reports on it and thought it would be nice if M0n0wall could send the same sort of reports even if its just the logs etc ....

i have enclosed a link to the Draytek 3300V online live demo which illustrates my points above.

http://www.draytek.com/.upload/Demo/Vigor3300%20V2.6.3/mainfunction.cgi-set=table_view&table_name=wan_policy_table&table_page=1.htm

one last thing... i would really like the option back to select to use a com/serial port on the device in the generic pc image , as i have my m0n0wall installation running on a Wyse Winterm that has a mini ITX motherboard in and would love to just have a serial cable connected to admin the console from Putty etc ...

any way let me know what you people think of the sugestions above

Pages: [1]