News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: PPTP with W2K3 IAS acting as radius with m0n0wall 1.3b2  (Read 4501 times)
« on: May 09, 2007, 13:25:20 »
ciarocci *

I've posted on the VPN board, as well as the mailing list.  Someone on the mailing list confirmed he too had problems doing what I am trying to do.  I set up a W2K3 server as a radius using IAS.  If I direct connect to that server I get in fine.  If I use m0n0 as the PPTP server and the W2K3 box as the radius, nothing happens at all as far as I can see.  I do get errors in the m0n0 log.  The important line I believe is this one:

RADIUS: RadiusSendRequest: rad_send_request failed No valid RADIUS responses received

The IAS log is completely blank, like it has received absolutely nothing in the way of requests.  I've made sure over and over that the IP and secret is correct for the radius config.  Any help I can give diagnosing this please let me know. 

Chris
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 01:54:21 »
cmb *****

does the same config work with a 1.2 version? I know for a fact RADIUS with IAS works on 1.2 versions, so that would be a good test of the validity of your IAS configuration.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 05:41:24 »
ciarocci *

Unfortunately I can't test that because I am using GIG nics that only work on 1.3X versions of m0n0.

Pages: [1]