News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: is the firmware version check incorrect in 1.33b1?  (Read 4011 times)
« on: January 08, 2011, 19:59:49 »
yowsers *

i just upgraded on the generic-pc to 1.33b1 from 1.32.  I had the option to check firmware upgrade on the advanced page turned ON.  when I go to the system->firmware upgrade page it shows the latest version as

m0n0wall 1.3 is available!
Download

Is this intentional?  I would think that since this is a beta we wouldn't want to show a beta release as upgradable (for obvious reasons.)

But if you are actually running the beta release should it indicate if you are using the latest beta release?  Not sure if there is a way to do that... but for instance, for me since I am running 1.33b1 it should probably say I have the latest version... if 1.32b2 is released it should tell me to go get that... if I am running 1.32 it should tell me I have the latest version (as that is the latest non-beta release.)  Does that make sense?

I have tried turning the "check firmware upgrade" off, saving, rebooting, turning on again, and still see "m0n0wall 1.3 is available!"

I'm assuming this is intentional but just thought I'd ask the question.

Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 20:49:03 »
Manuel Kasper
Administrator

The firmware version check script on the server hasn't been updated yet - should display the proper message now. Thanks for the report!

Pages: [1]