News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: 3COM 905B (xl) and VLAN, does it work, and if yes how?  (Read 3037 times)
« on: February 09, 2011, 15:09:48 »
svenman *

I have search both pfSense and m0n0wall to find if my NICs are supported for VLAN using m0n0wall. I have tried to set it up, and I have not gotten it to work, and I am thinking it can be that I am either doing something wrong setting it up, or the network card simply does not support VLAN. Is there anyone here who does have a 3Com TX905B 10/100 card and using VLANs on m0n0wall with it ? I read on the m0n0wall homepage that suppsedly most xl- cards are supported for VLAN. or it there is software emulation present to get it to work. If SW emulation is the solution, how do I go about enabling this ? Where can I find documentation on this ? (what forums or internetsites except google can I start to search on?)
Thanks for assistance.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 16:41:04 by svenman »
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 05:53:36 »
Јаневски ***

I have search both pfSense and m0n0wall to find if my NICs are supported for VLAN using m0n0wall. I have tried to set it up, and I have not gotten it to work, and I am thinking it can be that I am either doing something wrong setting it up, or the network card simply does not support VLAN. Is there anyone here who does have a 3Com TX905B 10/100 card and using VLANs on m0n0wall with it ? I read on the m0n0wall homepage that suppsedly most xl- cards are supported for VLAN. or it there is software emulation present to get it to work. If SW emulation is the solution, how do I go about enabling this ? Where can I find documentation on this ? (what forums or internetsites except google can I start to search on?)
Thanks for assistance.
Here are the FreeBSD 6.2 i386 hardware notes, there is info about most supported chipsets, also see the m0n0 release notes.
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.2R/hardware-i386.html
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 06:34:02 by Јаневски »

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 11:31:01 »
svenman *

Thank you, it confirms that FreeBSD6 supports the 905B TX card, so I guess I will have to wait to see if it work with VLAN until the release if out for m0n0wall.
If anyone else has managed on the current version to configure VLAN on 3Com 905B-TX card, I would be most interested in retreiving that information!

Pages: [1]