News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Inbound NAT PPTP VPN  (Read 2284 times)
« on: March 11, 2011, 16:11:48 »
chrisalavoine *

Hi all,

I have a monowall setup at a client and am trying to get PPTP working.

The WAN connection is set to PPPoE - am getting the modem in front of the monowall to convert PPPoA to oE so it can be read by the mono.

I have a range of public IP's from the ISP (BT), one of which I would like to use as the PPTP address.

I have entered this address into the Server NAT, and then set Inbound NAT for TCP port 1723.

Do I need to do anything else?

It keeps getting stuck on "Verifying Username and Password" - I've read a few posts about local firewall preventing GRE getting through but I know the firewall that I'm connecting from is good as I have another monowall at another location using PPTP which I can connect to fine.

Any suggestions most welcome.

Cheers,
c:)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 17:12:15 »
chrisalavoine *

Wondering out loud here after reading a few posts.

But could I add a 1:1 NAT rule from one of my public IP's to the PPTP server address? Is that really stupid?

Am not onsite yet so can't test.

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 23:03:55 »
rpsmith ***

are you trying to use your m0n0wall's built-in PPTP server or an external PPTP server?

Roy...
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 20:46:57 »
chrisalavoine *

are you trying to use your m0n0wall's built-in PPTP server or an external PPTP server?

Roy...

Hi Roy,

Am using the built-in server. Have managed to get this working by adding a NAT 1:1 rule from one of our public ip address range to the monowall LAN address and it all started working nicely.

Cheers,

Pages: [1]