News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Internet Connection Drops and re-establishes. Ipsec will not reconnect  (Read 2489 times)
« on: May 15, 2007, 18:32:34 »
vixor *

I have  a working IPsec tunnel between two monowalls using the exact same hardware and firmware. Everything works fine until the internet at a branch office site drops and reconnects. Once this happen, the tunnel will not re-establish until i manually go into the main site and disable / re-enable ipsec. I dont like doing this because the main site has 2 other tunnels going to it.

Is there a way for the branch office tunnel to auto - reconnect once the internet is up at the branch office?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 22:56:04 »
cmb *****

In my experience, sometimes IPsec recovers automatically and sometimes it doesn't. If you just hit the Save button on the IPsec page, without disabling and re-enabling, it restarts IPsec and will fix issues without dropping your other connections for more than a second or so.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 18:05:55 »
vixor *

Yes but I would like it to reconnect without me having to manually do it.
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 21:58:27 »
darklogic *

I have not exsperienced this issue yet, but are you sure both ends are configured the same. Also what version of monowall are you running.
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 08:08:30 »
cmb *****

Yeah, I'd like my multi-thousands of $$ Cisco equipment to not require manual resets on IPsec as well, but that's not how it works with those either...  so..... 

Pages: [1]