News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: IPsec --> M0n0wall doesn't work  (Read 3457 times)
« on: March 23, 2011, 19:32:22 »
Alexander001 *

I'm not able to make use of my IPsec --> M0n0wall connection.
It seem like I have a active connections (please see attach document), but I'm not able to ping the LAN interface (or any pc's on that interface. I have followed instructions 15.1. How do I setup mobile user VPN with IPsec.

My test case is that I will try to access a remote locations which have M0n0wall box from a computer by the use of SafeNet SoftRemoteLT.

My M0n0wall have several interfaces WAN (audun007.dyndns.org) and LAN interface 14.0.0.1. When I try to access M0n0wall from a remote site to seem like VPN tunnel is created, but it doesn't work.

Please advice.

* IKE9414.txt (7.32 KB - downloaded 342 times.)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 19:42:56 »
Fred Grayson *****

Do you really have a LAN IP of 14.0.0.1? That seems questionable to me.

--
Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle.
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 19:56:50 »
Alexander001 *

It might be questionable, but I have another LAN interface with subrange 192.168.1.0 and Mask 255.255.255.0 and that don't work as well. I will be happy for all advice.
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 00:58:49 »
Luis de Escuderos *

If your are using SafeNet SoftRemoteLT Version 10.8.4 please read this points:

As you know Ipsec works in two modes: site to site mode (lan to lan)  and mobile mode (mobile to lan). Clients like Safenet works to mobile mode.

In mode site to site no client software is needed because exist a monowall in each side.
http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/ipsec.html

Regular version of Safenet SoftRemoteLT works under WinXP, if you are using Windows Vista or 7, please see the respective client version.

If you are using mobile mode, disable lan to lan mode.

If client side Ip family is same of remote lan Ip family, please prefer change to different family.

Disable any other PPTP rule.

Finally, since Windows XP SP2, Windows firewall close port to sharing over subnetworks. Then, go Control Panel/Firewall and customize sharing files/printer preferences and take permit all networks or define specific remote lan family.

Pages: [1]