News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: DHCP option 66 in 1.32/1.33  (Read 2483 times)
« on: March 28, 2011, 12:04:16 »
ND *

I have a small network behind a monowall with some Aastra VOIP handsets. I want to point the Aastra devices to their provisioning server using the "next server" option but the handsets do not receive the address (they do receive the IP address reserved for their MAC).

Sniffing the DHCP packets I can see the "next server" address being returned as the Bootp server but not as an option 66 response (which I guess is what the Aastra devices are looking for).

Is this expected behaviour? Can I get an option 66 response somehow?

Have tried both 1.32 and 1.33 - same result.

Thanks
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 18:43:22 »
PlasmaFlow *

I have a small network behind a monowall with some Aastra VOIP handsets. I want to point the Aastra devices to their provisioning server using the "next server" option but the handsets do not receive the address (they do receive the IP address reserved for their MAC).

Sniffing the DHCP packets I can see the "next server" address being returned as the Bootp server but not as an option 66 response (which I guess is what the Aastra devices are looking for).

Is this expected behaviour? Can I get an option 66 response somehow?

Have tried both 1.32 and 1.33 - same result.

Thanks

I noticed that the DHCP server is very simple and does not allow to add options from the GUI.
I work on VOIP too and would like to see  options available from the gui.
I am in the process of playing around with the software and see how i can mess with the dhcp config files to add options manually and maybe even through the gui eventually.
Unfortunately the next server is not option 66.

Pages: [1]