News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Uptime/Timekeeping problem? v1.33  (Read 2662 times)
« on: April 01, 2011, 03:55:55 »
falken0905 *

Has anyone noticed odd/incorrect uptimes as reported on the system status page?  Over time mine seem to be about double the actual uptime.  Also, using the exec.php page, the date command returns the wrong time and it seems to be running fast. Time reported with uptime command is the same as the date command.  However, the time reported on the traffic graph seems to be correct. Curious if anyone else has seen this.  I'm running the generic-pc-1.33.img version on a generic Asus P5A mobo with AMD K6-2/550 proc.  I did replace the RTC battery just to be sure that was not the problem.  Time here is ESDT and am using us.pool.ntp.org for the time server.  Thanks.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 21:25:46 »
Јаневски ***

I haven't noticed such problems.
Maybe it's a problem related to that particular hardware type + basic hw config/scenario.

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 13:11:30 »
Manuel Kasper
Administrator

It's been a while, but in case anybody stumbles on this again: looks like a bug with this particular mainboard (ACPI implementation?). See here: http://forums.freebsd.org/archive/index.php/t-939.html

The workaround proposed in that thread could be applied to m0n0wall by adding the following tag in the <system> section of config.xml:

Code:
<shellcmd>sysctl kern.timecounter.hardware=TSC</shellcmd>

Pages: [1]