News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: PPTP RADIUS not working  (Read 3941 times)
« on: April 20, 2011, 15:31:26 »
ZBoT *

Hi all,

I have setup a RADIUS server on a Windows 2008 R2 server using NPS.  When I point m0n0wall PPTP to use this RADIUS server it does not work.  I am not getting anything in the logs on the RADIUS server.  It's like m0n0wall isn't even trying to contact the RADIUS server.  I have tried a RADIUS client on another machine to connect to this server and it works fine and logs the entries.  I see other posts in this forum with people experiencing the same thing.

Can anyone confirm they are successfully using a RADIUS server for PPTP authentication?  I am running m0n0wall 1.33 and both m0n0wall and the RADIUS server are running on the same VMware ESXi 4.1 host.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!!  Thanks!!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 11:40:08 »
Јаневски ***

It's either the network IP configuration, or Windows Firewall configuration, or maybe m0n0 firewall configuration.
Check these three things.

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 13:14:01 »
ZBoT *

Thanks so much for your response!!!  I have tried turning off the Windows Firewall, so it can't be that.  The PPTP m0n0wall server and Windows RADIUS server are on the same (192.168.1.0/24) network, so IP configuration shouldn't be a problem.  As for the m0n0 firewall rules, I allow all traffic out for the 'PPTP VPN' network.  Is there something else I should be configuring for the firewall rules in m0n0?

Pages: [1]