News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: LAN side Fails after restart  (Read 2639 times)
« on: April 20, 2011, 17:31:34 »
MrShannon *

I've been experiencing an issue where the LAN side of the network appears to be down after I resart the router.  It does tell me that the IP address has been configured but I am unable to ping anything on that LAN side, nor am I able to ping it from other computers that are on the LAN (WAN side is fine btw).  If I run through the IP configuration wizard it suddently starts working, but if I reboot, it fails again until I re-run the IP setup.  Any ideas what I can do?

This is what I have done to reproduce the problem:
1. Boot from .ISO (v1.33)
2. Install to Hard Drive (option 7)
3. Remove disc, boot from hard drive
4. Configure Interfaces (option 1)
5. Set LAN IP (option 2) and enable DHCP

At this point I am able to connect to the WAN and the LAN.

6. Reboot system (option 5)

The router comes back up and shows that the LAN IP is what I set it to in step 5 before the reboot, but I am unable to ping LAN computers.  I am able to ping IP's on the WAN side.

7. Set LAN IP again (option 2) using the same settings from step 5.

Now I am able to ping LAN ip's again.

8. Reboot system (option 5)

Again, the router comes back up and I am unable to ping the LAN until I reset the LAN IP.  I have also tried to log into the WebUI and set/save the settings from there, but without fail, whenever I restart the router it comes back up without connectivity onthe LAN until I manually run through the "Set up LAN IP address" wizard.

Any thoughts or other people experiencing this?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 18:37:42 »
iridris ***

What hardware are you using? Specifically, what network drivers are the interfaces using?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 22:35:13 »
Јаневски ***

What is m0n0 LAN IP configuration and what is Your test computer LAN IP configuration?

Pages: [1]