News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Contivity 1010  (Read 2003 times)
« on: September 21, 2011, 16:04:17 »
olibaier *

Hello,

I am in the process of replacing old Contivity 1010 VPN routers through m0n0wall - it is a great system, thank you very much for building it - currently we run it in VMWare images, which is OK, but we are locked out on vm host problems... so the idea was born to use the old nortel hardware  Wink

I am able to install the generic-pc-serial-1.33.img to a 16 MB CF card. The system boots and I get 2 network interfaces. After assigning them the console is flooded with "Interrupt Storm Detected - Throttling interrupt source" messages. Assigning an IP to the LAN interface works, but the interface won't work and gets an timeout.

I googleed a lot and found similiar issues with pfSense. I did find a solution using pfSense 1.2.3-RC1 by setting the interfaces to polluing mode (sysctl kern.polling.enable=1).

I hope I can do the same with m0n0wall, but I can't find how to get onto the console or how to set the parameter permanently.
I tired to use pfSense 2.0, too, but I didn't manage to make it work, because the polling.enabel kernel option seems not to exist in its kernel version.

All hints are apreciated. Maybe somebody can give me a hint how to enter the Contivity 1010 BIOS or assign non shared IRQs so that I do not need polling?

Cheers!

Pages: [1]