News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Simple routing question  (Read 1542 times)
« on: November 27, 2011, 01:58:02 »
sporkius *

I have wan lan opt1&2 enabled

I am having trouble getting anything to transmit over the network. I set up a rule apply it even reboot the server but I still cant access it. This is the first firewall I have ever set up so im sure im doing something (or a couple things) wrong. I have servers attached to each of my 4 networks the only one I can ping is my lan. i attempted to create an icmp rule for opt 1&2 however I still couldnt ping the firewall port. I also attempted to add rules to allow http through the network and that didnt work either. I assume I need to tell the wan port what is the gateway out of my home (which I did with a static address). I also pointed my computers gateway to the firewall port.

So finally to my question what do I have to do to add a rule that will allow me to get through the wan out to the outside world.

What do I need to do to allow an interface to communicate to another interface ie. opt1 to opt
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 03:06:43 »
sporkius *

So I finally got the pinging issue down. I can now see the other interfaces. At this point im having trouble figuring out how to route different ports to that they are allowed from one interface (opt1) to one device on opt2. do I need to add static routes as well as firewall routes. Or am I looking entirely in the wrong place.
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 04:31:21 »
sporkius *

so to simplify my question I have 2 networks a lan and an opt. I want to rdp from the lan to a machine on the opt. I set up a rule like so

Pass
Interface:lan
Protocol:TCP
Source Lan
Source Port
   From3389
   To     3389
Destination
IP address
   From 3389
   To      3389

It isnt working like this. What else do I have to do to get it to work?
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 05:04:38 »
Fred Grayson *****

Specifying a Source Port range other than

to: any

is almost always a mistake.

Also, I do not see a destination IP address.

--
Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle.
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 05:31:21 »
sporkius *

Sorry the destination was the specific ip address of the box. It looks like I finally got it working. now I have to explore what ports to open for a AD box.

Pages: [1]