News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: DSL store...anyone have issues?  (Read 7843 times)
« on: May 27, 2007, 22:44:22 »
iMav *

I recently order two WRAP boards (3 LAN version) from the Damn Small Linux online store.  In fact, i dropped around $700 (including a Damn Small Machine).  However, aside from the PayPal notification of my payment sent to them, I have heard nothing regarding my order.  I have sent numerous e-mails which have gone unanswered.  It has been well over a week now.  In fact, the enclosures I bought from Titan Wireless (on the same day) have already arrived!

Has anyone here had any experience with the DSL folks?  I fear I may have flushed $700 down the toilet.  Sad

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 23:22:09 »
cmb *****

Haven't had any experience with them, nor have I heard of anyone here ordering from them (in fact, this is the first I've heard of them even selling hardware).

You shouldn't be out any money if they don't come through though, Paypal should refund you with their "buyer protection". I've never had to use it, personally, but I know of others who have.

Good luck.
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 00:51:27 »
iMav *

Unfortunately, I ended up having to open a dispute with PayPal and, ultimately, escalate to a claim.  Still no response from the seller.  I'm hoping that, eventually, PayPal will be able to refund my money. 

You said you knew others that have gone through this process before.  Can you tell me what to expect as far as how long the process takes?  (I'm certainly not in a hurry...as long as I get the money OR the WRAP boards at some point, I'll be happy)

Speaking of which.  Has anyone ever had any experience ordering from these guys?

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 08:24:10 »
cmb *****

One person on the mailing list reported good experiences with siliconkit.

I haven't personally gone through the dispute process (thankfully), nor am I familiar with the specifics from others I know that have been through the process.
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 01:07:28 »
iMav *

In two days I had all my money back!  VERY impressed with PayPal in this regard.

Took the money and ordered equipment from SilconKit.  It has already shipped, so I'm sure things will be fine with the order.  Have to wait for it to arrive at home and then for the wife to ship it off to me here in Iraq...so it will be a while yet. 

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 14:36:07 »
SomaFM *

Congratulations, glad the dispute worked out in your favor  Cool

I've been through a few paypal disputes before... and paypal has always favored the buyer.. especially when the seller can't provide tracking info for the goods they sold  Grin.
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 18:00:54 »
docunext *

By DSL you are talking about damnsmalllinux.com? I've had good luck with them, but I only bought a CF to IDE adapter.

I've had good luck with logicsupply.com and mini-itx.com for mini-itx stuff.

Docunext Tech Stuff

Pages: [1]