News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: VPN IPSEC behind restrictive firewall  (Read 5847 times)
« on: April 23, 2012, 13:10:35 »
BigBrus *

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with monowall VPN IPSec configuration.

I have a VPN server, a firewall, and a monowall client. The firewall allows only OUTGOING UDP packets on ports 500 and 4500, and that's ok, because it's the minimum necessary to set up an IPSec connection. Problem is, it seems that  monowall is not sending any packet. It's just waiting to receive connection packets.

Is could be my misconfiguration, is there a command so that monowall could be in "active" mode, or it is a corrupted monowall installation, or a monowall bug?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 17:56:21 »
ilfede *

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem. It seems that monowall don't start to establish the ipsec vpn connection, but it wait the incoming connection from the external firewall. the external firewall is on a public IP and the monowall is natted behind a cisco firewall. any idea?
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 20:43:37 »
dr01 **

THis is a HUGE Monowall issue and needs to be resolved asap....why does Ipsec VPN traffic not work when a client is behind the LAN firewall subnet?

Where is the Solution to this issue?HuhHuh

PLEASE HELP ASAP......

Thank you to All.....
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 04:17:48 »
Lee Sharp *****

As I have many m0n0wall to m0n0wall IPsec VPN connections, it does not just wait for the other side.  However, both sides need to be able to initiate the conversation.

Pages: [1]