News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Bandwidth Sharing  (Read 11007 times)
« on: June 18, 2012, 23:13:44 »
NEVERYB *

OK.......... before anyone cuss me out I want to say I am sorry if this is the wrong are to post this question.

I need help with a monowall configuration for a house that currently has four (4) wireless access points (Basement, 1st Floor, 2nd Floor, 3rd Floor).  So in my mind I was thinking to place the monowall in the network right after the modem bringing the internet into the house.  However, I think that this will only share the bandwidth load between the four WAPs........... by this I mean the Monowall will only see for clients on the network.  How can i set this monowall up so that it still shares bandwidth with each actual computer on the network................. or will I need to buy more than one Monowall?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 23:29:39 »
Lennart Grahl ***

However, I think that this will only share the bandwidth load between the four WAPs........... by this I mean the Monowall will only see for clients on the network.

Unless you have configured your WAPs to use a NAT for it's clients a WAP behaves the same as a switch or hub.
This is very easy to check: Do you have access to network shares from one PC behind a WAP to a PC behind a different WAP? If yes m0n0wall will handle clients behind your WAPs individually.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 09:15:37 »
Јаневски ***

Yes You can configure it in the traffic shaper menu in pipes setting set proper bandwidth cap, mask and add a rule with that pipe in the proper direction.

I've done it quite some time ago, unfortunately i forgot how it precisely was, if i find the config i'll post.

Pages: [1]