News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: m0n0wall 1.33 crashes repeatedly on two separate different hardware  (Read 4881 times)
« on: June 20, 2012, 06:04:47 »
bombcar *

I have m0n0wall configured with a DMZ, LAN, WAN and an IPv6 tunnel to HE.net

It was on a soekris box and crashed once or twice a night, so I moved the config to a PC Engines WRAP box and it just rebooted itself again.

I can't find anything in the logs of course, it just reboots.

I've attached my configuration - is there anything I can do to get more details on why it is crashing? If it were a hardware problem I'd've thought that moving to an entirely different piece of hardware would resolve it.

I think the watchdog must be restarting it, but how do I tell?

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 04:52:47 »
bombcar *

I upgraded to the latest beta, but it is still rebooting. Is there anything I can do to figure out why?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 09:48:47 »
Manuel Kasper
Administrator

If it's a kernel panic, you would see some diagnostic output on the console just before the box reboots. So you might want to leave a console cable connected to the box with a terminal emulator running for a while (make sure the scrollback buffer is long enough) and see what it printed next time it reboots...
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 15:34:36 »
bombcar *

I'll try that - so far when I turned IPv6 off it has stayed up for 10+ hours.
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 06:56:26 »
bombcar *

Both 1.33 and the new beta work rock solid as long as I leave IPv6 off. If I turn on IPv6 it starts resetting. I need to find a serial cable now.

Pages: [1]