News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Atheros AR9220 Chipset  (Read 2071 times)
« on: December 10, 2012, 20:07:39 »
iridris ***

Would anyone be able to confirm whether this chipset is now working in the latest betas (FreeBSD 8.3)? There are a few older posts stating people had issues running this chipset under FreeBSD 8.2 (older betas). From what I can tell of the release notes for 8.3, this card may be supported now.

The error that some others have posted that seems to be fixed now (taken from release notes for ath driver):

Code:
ath%d: unable to reset hardware; hal status %u  The Atheros Hardware
     Access Layer was unable to reset the hardware as requested.  The status
     code is explained in the HAL include file sys/dev/ath/ath_hal/ah.h.  This
     should not happen.

I'm looking at getting a PC Engines Alix board with this chipset, which is why I'm curious  Roll Eyes
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 00:28:54 »
runmca *

Hi,

I have a PC Engines Alix with Compex WLM200NX wireless card based on the Atheros AR9220. I have 1.8.1b535 running and it recognizes the card but I'm having trouble getting it to broadcast. I've never used the WLAN option in m0n0 so it could be that I don't have it configured correctly. Here's my config:

WLAN - 802.11na, AP mode, WPA+WPA2 PSK with TKIP, transmit 20dbm. This is assigned to interface OPT1. OPT1 is enabled and bridged with LAN. OPT1 firewall rules are the same as LAN.

OPT1 interface status displays "no carrier". Wireless associated stations status displays "No stations are associated at this time."

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 01:11:40 »
runmca *

After digging around some more it looks like the AR9220 isn't supported yet. Maybe in FreeBSD9?

Pages: [1]