News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: VPN works ONLY if I use the address of WAN interface as address of PPTP server  (Read 1924 times)
« on: April 05, 2013, 11:08:17 »
departement *

Hi everybody,

I have to face a problem (maybe it's not a problem) which is quite weird : When I try to make a VPN under PPTP protocol, it ONLY works when the PPTP server has the same IP address as the WAN interface...

When it doesn't work, I get an error message (ERROR 800 under Windows)  telling that it's impossible to establish the VPN connection because the VPN server is maybe unreachable or security parameters are not well configured.

In the handbook provided by the website, it says that we can assign one of the available IP address of LAN side for example.

For information, I use the the following version of M0n0wall : v1.34 (the last one)

Best regards
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 10:07:42 »
departement *

Actually, I've been able to figure out this problem on my own. Maybe it could be useful for someone that's why I'm telling the solution here.

The configuration of my PPTP client is under windows XP and when you follow the different stages of the creation of the VPN thanks to the Windows assistant, one of the stage is to type the ip address of the server or the host to join. My error was to give the address IP of the PPTP server instead of the WAN interface.

Best regards

Pages: [1]