News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: how to force time out  (Read 2057 times)
« on: June 16, 2013, 23:57:20 »
DLichti *

Hi,
Is there a way to use the m0n0wall traffic shaper to force close certain connections after some time, like 2 minutes?

David
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 17:45:13 »
Lee Sharp *****

Captive portal is a blunt instrument.  It is all or nothing.  And a 2 minute had timeout might be a tad aggressive.  Grin
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 18:02:51 »
DLichti *

well, the captive portal seems not to really fit my case. I want this to be as transparent as possible. Especially, it should work without the need of a browser.

The situation is the following: I have some camera servers in tha LAN and I want customers to be able to connect to them. But to ensure fair use, I don't want any of them to stay connected all day long.
And I don't think I will give them much more than 2 minutes...

Maybe I should open a new thread in the Captive Portal section.
And if there is really no way to do this with the traffic shaper, this could become a feature request.

David
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 20:07:51 »
Lee Sharp *****

I can think of no way to do this with m0n0wall as it is.  I also doubt others would see the usability of such a modification.

However, if you enable traffic shaper, and check "share bandwidth evenly on the lan" it will give everyone an equal shot...  And if the camera has a Linux base, putting an ifdown ann ifup script in cron evey 5 minutes may do what you need.

Pages: [1]