News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: m0n0wall - HP Proliant DL140  (Read 2799 times)
« on: June 07, 2007, 14:18:18 »
josefelixh *

Hi all,

I am trying to get m0n0wall working on a HP Proliant DL140, I have installed the generic pc beta version 1.3b2. when starting up everything seems to be Ok, but when I get the m0n0wall console setup keyboard doesn't work, so I cannot do anything. Any ideas? May it be any setting in the bios?

I have also tried to connect through the webGUI with no luck by setting one of the PCs in the network with the static IP Address 192.168.1.2/255.255.255.0.

The NICs are "Broadcom BCM5721 NetXtreme Gigabit" and it seems that the kernel recognise them as I can see them when the kernel is booting up, although not sure if this means that the NICs are supported by m0n0wall.

Please let me know if you need more information. Any tip on this matter would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 02:39:02 »
cmb *****

You'll have to assign the interfaces at first boot. Since the keyboard doesn't work, you're stuck.

I have no idea why your keyboard wouldn't work though, that's the first time I've ever heard of that. Does a 1.2 version work?

I deleted your duplicate post, please only post once even if it's applicable to multiple boards.
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 10:44:46 »
josefelixh *

Hi again,

After many reboots and bios settings changes with USB and PS/2 keyboards I couldn't make it work with version 1.3b2, so I installed version 1.231 with no luck either, although after playing around with some bios settings the keyboard worked!!! I can't understand as the settings in the bios I changed seem to be unrelated, what'ever.

Then I had no problems assigning the interfaces bge0 and bge1, and again no problems connecting to the webGUI and upgrade to version 1.3b2.

I'll post the changes I made in the bios as soon as I get a chance to sumarise them as I am not sure what changes exactly made the keyboard work.

Sorry about posting twice, it won't happen again.

Regards....
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 20:30:59 »
cmb *****

Weird, I've never heard of BIOS settings causing the keyboard to not work.

Yeah it would be good if you could post your BIOS settings for the sake of other people that run into this thread in the future.

Pages: [1]