News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Monowall Blocks DHCP  (Read 1038 times)
« on: December 10, 2013, 20:17:44 »
insideout *

I am a new Monowall user, and I am trying to set up Monowall as only a firewall on my home network.  According to the firewall logs Monowall is blocking DHCP requests, and I have been unable to resolve this issue.  I have an existing router/DHCP server and do not need Monowall to provide this functionality.  My network configuration is set up as follows:

OPT1                WAN
            Home Network <-----------------------> Monowall <-----------------> Router/DHCP server <------------>  Internet

Nokia IP130

I bridged the OPT1 and WAN interfaces on the Nokia, and I am using the generic PC 1.34 version of Monowall.  I read of a similar DHCP issue in a forum post, and the workaround was to enable the DCHP server in Monowall and to check the box for "Only respond to reserved clients listed below".  I tried this but with no success.  I tried various firewall rules and my current rules are attached.  Would anyone have any suggestions how I may resolve my DHCP issue?

Insideout

* fw1_wan.PNG (10 KB, 595x240 - viewed 173 times.)

* fw1_opt1.PNG (13.24 KB, 597x283 - viewed 214 times.)
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 02:44:21 »
Fred Grayson *****

It would have been helpful to see the actual full log entries for the blocked packets.

Also, identify which interfaces are WAN and OPT1

--
Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle.
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 13:56:53 »
insideout *

My firewall log is attached.  My DHCP server has an IP address of 192.168.1.254.

Excuse my ignorance but I do not understand your request to identify the OPT1 and WAN interfaces.  The WAN interface is connected to my router/DHCP server.  The OPT1 interface is connected to my home network, and I have bridged OPT1 with WAN.  The WAN interface is configured for DHCP - this part seems to work in that an IP address is acquired.  If this information is insufficient please let me know.

Insideout

* fwlog1.jpg (119.95 KB, 567x748 - viewed 197 times.)

Pages: [1]