News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: NAT Issue with OpenVPN  (Read 1376 times)
« on: January 18, 2014, 06:07:44 »
pairughdocks *

Domain Controller: 192.168.1.1

-AD, AD CS, DNS, File Services, Network Policy and Access Services, Print and Document Services, Web Server (IIS)

-No services report any errors

Gateway: 192.168.1.2

-m0n0wall

-DHCP Server

-Opened ports: TCP 3389 (RDP) / TCP 943 (OpenVPN WebUI) / UDP 1194 (OpenVPN Connection)

-NAT: TCP 3389 (192.168.1.1) / TCP 943 (192.168.1.3) / UDP 1194 (192.168.1.3)

OpenVPN Server: 192.168.1.3

-Debian

-eth0 is 192.168.1.3

-eth1 is down

-eth2 is down

Problem: From my cell phone on an LTE connection I can connect to remote desktop via my dynamic dns name (mysite.net), I can also connect to my OpenVPN server, and if I ping my WAN address or dynamic dns name I get a response. When I attempt to connect from my home PC or any PC for that matter, I can not connect to RDP, OpenVPN, and if I try to ping my WAN address or dynamic dns address I get "request timed out"

Now, to me this is not possible, since my LTE connection is no different than my computer trying to access these resources. Both devices have an ISP provided address that is on a completely different subnet trying to access internal resources.

On my home PC I disabled my firewall and internet security (Kaspersky) to ensure that nothing was acting up there. I had a friend try to connect via the OpenVPN client with test credentials and constantly gets "connection timed out"

Am I really looking over something bizarre or stupid? I'm hoping I gave all the information needed the first time, I also can set up access for trusted members if they need to poke around or view a join.me / lmi rescue session.

Thank you so much everyone!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 04:46:06 »
Lee Sharp *****

It is hard to tell from your post, but are you using a device on the LAN to get to other services on the LAN via the WAN ip and NAT?  If so, this won't work.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 10:22:44 »
Pierre Nast *

Hi,

What tests have you done on "any PC for that matter" ? Can you provide command lines inputs and outputs ? Where was that PC located ?
Your friend who has just tested OpenVPN connection, has he tested ping ? This is not stated in your post. Moreover, what is his network configuration ? Is he behind some sort of ISP modem/router box ? Has he full control on its Internet connection ?
All in all, can you provide more details on your situation ?

--
Pierre

Pages: [1]