News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: i couldnt make IP configuration  (Read 2213 times)
« on: June 09, 2007, 01:06:49 »
tuxm4n *

hi,
my problem is, i couldnt start m0n0wall to use.. First of all, i boot m0n0wall from bootable cd.  ( ASUS CUV4X motherboard, intell P800MHZ, 256MB ram, 2 PCI nic (both of theme has davicom chipsets)..) and try to assign network ports..
Valid interfaces are:

dc0    00:0c:bl:ab:la:bla (up)
dc1    00:0c:bl:ab:la:bla (up)  *i forgot the macs  :-\0*

and i choosed dc0 as lan and dc1 as wan (i'm sure that dc1 is connected to modem and the other one is connected to the other machine by crosscable.. ) and i said no about vlan question by the way..  and the other thing is, when i choosed "a" for auto-detection, it said, there is no linked .. and then, i did the set up of LAN IP.. i did, 192.168.2.2 and /24 for netmask the IP and i said no for DHCP.

anyway, and the system rebooted and then i started to make the configs of my other pc.. it has ethernet on board and it has nvidia chipset.. i made speed7duplex settings ->
Full autonegotiation and set the IP to 192.168.2.3, 255.255.255.0 and for gw 192.168.2.2 .. 

But the system didnt work  Huh Sad

i tried DHCP and the other stuff but .. i did the LAN IP 192.168.2.2 'cause of my modems settings..

at last, i disconnected to wans cable and tried just connect to m0n0wall by default settings (192.168.1.1) but it didnt work too..

So, where is the problem.. ?   Huh Huh 

« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 19:21:22 by tuxm4n »
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 09:21:07 »
clarknova ***

Make sure your cables are good and your nic lights up when connected.

Also ensure that you haven't mixed up the lan and wan. Try plugging into the other.

db
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 22:41:33 »
getafix *

and the other thing is, when i choosed "a" for auto-detection, it said, there is no linked

Before you do the "a" for auto detection thing, unplug the network cable. It should then detect the NIC and then plug in the cable. Do this for both the LAN and WAN nics.

Make sure that your modem can auto detect if your cable is straight or cross-over. If it can't, you might need a cross-over to the modem aswell. I may be wrong here however.
You might also want to run a straight cable from the LAN card to a hub, then connect your PC (workstation) with a straight cable to the hub. This will allow you to connect other PC's to your LAN.

See you that goes.

Gareth

Pages: [1]