News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: USB-NIC D-Link DUB-E100 Rev. C1 doesn't work  (Read 2139 times)
« on: February 12, 2014, 16:42:46 »
MCC *

I want to run the latest M0n0wall on a small pizza box with only one ethernet-port. Using an USB-NIC D-Link DUB-E100 rev. C1 seems to work. I can ping everything on the internet with the IP-address, but DNS doesn't work. Using the usb-plug on the lan-side doesn't work. Link seems to come up, but then there happens nothing.

I checked the configuration on a PC with two NICs. The configuration seems to be ok!

Any idea what happens here?  :-)

(BTW...the adapter is ok. Tested with Windows...)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 23:28:28 »
Lee Sharp *****

This means literally less than nothing.  Because m0n0wall, FreeBSD, Linux, and Mac are not Windows.  For that matter Windows isn't always Windows.  (Look how much hardware has no Win7 64bit drivers?)

And USB nics have issues in FreeBSD anyway.  (As do USB drives)  Is there anything else you can use?  Is there another USB nic you can try?  What is the actual chipset in the nic?  (If unknown, you will need to boot linux or FreeBSD full and type lspci or pciconf -lv to fin out.)
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 09:22:50 »
MCC *

This means literally less than nothing.  Because m0n0wall, FreeBSD, Linux, and Mac are not Windows.

I know that Linux is not Windows :-) (BTW ...and i'm thankful, that Windows IS NOT Linux)

I tried this stick under windows to be sure, that the stick itself is OK!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 19:51:41 »
Lee Sharp *****

I know that Linux is not Windows :-) (BTW ...and i'm thankful, that Windows IS NOT Linux)

I tried this stick under windows to be sure, that the stick itself is OK!
Point taken. Smiley

Pages: [1]