News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Starcraft traffic blocking  (Read 639 times)
« on: March 15, 2014, 21:10:31 »
TripleSmile *

Hi,
I am having my internet cable going through a m0n0wall server into other computers. I've tried playing starcraft while having some freetime on one of the computers in my network but a problem occurred.
I can't play with more than 2 players. When I join a game with f.e 5 players 3 of them have two green bars indicating medium latency (host and myself have no bars). Result is enormous lag. Its something in the configuration of m0n0wall which distracts clear connection between me and other players (except the host).
Any suggestions of what could cause the problem? Having internet cable connected straight to the computer fixes the problem.  Some people suggested forwarding 6112 udp port which is for being a host. But it doesn't fix the problem joining others and playing with 2+ players.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 03:18:03 »
Lee Sharp *****

We can tell you how to configure m0n0wall, but we can not tell you what Starcraft needs to run.

But...  Make some huge forwards of all ports to your IP.  (This will brake other stuff, but hang on...)  Log those rules.  Now play starcraft...  Look at the logs, and match them up to the IPs of the players your saw.  Now try and cut down the ports.

Pages: [1]