News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Limit 1 IP on lan and open to all the rest.  (Read 1893 times)
« on: July 12, 2014, 19:58:22 »
DoyleChris *

My brother in law is living with me right now and we does some things on the network that takes all my bandwidth.

So i am trying to setup a traffic shaper to limit the amount that he can use and save the rest for the network.

1. I used the Traffic Shaper wizard to start with to create the start

2. then i took and made 2 new pipes with reduced bandwidth 1 for upload and 1 for download, and adjusted the Wizard pipes with the reduced bandwidth. pipe1 660kbits/s up and pipe2 6500 kbits/s down and pipe3,4 are 150 kbits/s each

3. I made rules for the pipes.

pipe 3 Wan Outbound source ***.***.***.105 Destination * ports are setup to be any port and protocol
pipe 4 Wan Inbound    source *                          Destination ***.***.***.105 ports are setup to be any port and protocol

But when i go to dsl reports it still says im using all the bandwidth on his ip.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 05:28:42 »
Lee Sharp *****

Are you trying to prevent him from using your full pipe, or are you trying to prevent him from "taking over" the connection while you are using it too?  The concept of "share bandwidth evenly on the LAN" is that everyone gets a full pipe, but when contended, everyone gets an equal share.

Pages: [1]