News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: More IPs on WAN port  (Read 298 times)
« on: January 16, 2015, 09:19:40 »
dhofer76 *

Hello and good morning

I have a problem configuring monowall maybe someone can help me.

I own a root server with installed Proxmox virtualisation. Also I have a IP subnet 46.a.b.c/29. I configured my ubuntu server like this:

VMBR1 (bridge network card) - 46.a.b.2/29
VMBR2 (bridge network card) - 172.16.1.1
VMBR3 (bridge network card) - 172.16.1.2

monowall has configured WAN to VMBR1, lAN to VMBR2 and DMZ to VMBR3. I setup a DHCP server on LAN and installed a Ubuntu Desktop for monowall configuration in LAN. Everything is working fine, I have access to the internet and so on ...

Now I installed ubuntu server in a virtual machine and configured it into DMZ. As IP address i choosed 172.16.2.10. Now I configured in the monowall GUI at Firewall >Server Nat my 2nd IP address 46.a.b.3 and created a inbound NAT for SSH from WAN to NAT IP 172.16.2.10 (ext. 46.a.b.3).

So in my opinion I should be able to connect from externally to this server by using the IP adress 46.a.b.3 nor dns name (which points to this IP address)

Internal I am able to ping the gateway from my ubuntu server to the monowall gateway. I'm also able to ping from the monogui to the DNS name and IP address of my ubuntu server.

Did I miss something? Any tips for me?

Best Regards
Dominique

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 09:44:28 »
dhofer76 *

Good morning for a second time ... Smiley

I didn't find the error .. it wasn't a configuration problem, after rebooting the whole system everything worked fine.

Best Regards
Dominique

Pages: [1]