News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: site-to-site with both dynamic endpoints?  (Read 2067 times)
« on: June 25, 2007, 23:11:21 »
leak *

Hi,

i'd like to know if there is a way to set up a site-to-sito vpn with both enpoints are dynamic.
Since you have to enter an IP address for remote gateway it is probably not possible, right?

IPCop implemented a way with dyndns addresses. I'd really like to see that on m0n0wall.

greets

leak
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 05:10:44 »
cmb *****

Right, it's not possible.
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 04:48:24 »
XIII *

i think you will be able to but you would have to manage you dynamic ip with the company you chose. for example one ip is 72.248.258.6 and it changes every 72 hrs and with you dynamic dns service its called arizona.nameofservice.com and the other is 24.248.15.6 and it expires every 72 hrs and with your dns service its called california.nameofservice.com this would work but every 72hrs you would have to edit this with your service but never with m0n0wall as they have the dns names of california and arizona. it would work but would all this extra work be worth it to you? and if it changes and you dont update it with the service nothing will happen. this is where you install a client on a pc at each location that is either on most of the time or all of the time that way it updates it automatically for you with out you having to do a thing.

Pages: [1]