News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Problem burning ISO  (Read 2288 times)
« on: July 13, 2007, 05:46:25 »
babzog *

System is WinXP. Using Nero, trying to burn cdrom-1.231.iso and am getting"Unspecified target error".  Re-downloaded image, same thing.  I can burn other projects without issue.  Please help?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 22:18:37 »
albgen *

on this page http://m0n0.ch/wall/installation_cdrom.php is written:
# burn the ISO image onto a CD-R (or -RW)
    * Windows: use your favorite burning program (e.g. Nero) to record the ISO image (2048 bytes/sector, Mode-1)

try with this settings.
regards
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 22:31:47 »
bugsfix *

Hi... Idk if albgen's advice helped but a while back I had a problem burning the image also.. I was burning at 24x if I remember right, I changed the burn speed to 4x and it burned fine... So maybe that might work for you also
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 22:58:08 »
cmb *****

That's largely dependent on the destination drive. Some of the old hardware typical for m0n0wall installations will behave better if you burn at slow speeds. This is true of anything you burn to CD.

Also if that doesn't help, some older drives may be picky about specific types of blank media, so it may help to try a different brand CD-R. Some may be able to read CD-RW's without any problem but not CD-R's, so that's another thing to try for anyone that runs into this thread in the future.

Pages: [1]