News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Soekris net4826 as WAP???  (Read 2211 times)
« on: August 02, 2007, 09:17:56 »
jantman *

Hello,

I was wondering if there is an easy way (i.e. not by getting root and manually editing the config) to use m0n0wall to setup a WAP on a Soekris net4826-50?

The real problem is that this board has only one Ethernet port and a 802.11b card, so I really just need LAN and WLAN, no WAN - I just want it to act as a bridge, where any authenticated WLAN client is bridged to the LAN.

Thanks,
Jason
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 03:54:08 »
cmb *****

Sure. You need a WAN though, that'll be your default gateway side. Unless you just want to bridge the wireless onto your network, then you can setup the wired interface as LAN and the wireless as OPT1. You'll need a WAN assigned, but you can create a non-existent VLAN for that if you just want to bridge.

1.3b3 is highly recommended for wireless, the base OS it uses has drastically better wireless functionality.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 08:04:44 »
jantman *

I just gave it a shot, I've tried it 6 or 7 times... but can't seem to get any traffic from the WLAN to the LAN. Would it be possible to give me a more detailed explanation?

There doesn't seem to be much in the m0n0 manual about bridging and how to actually get it to work...

Pages: [1]