News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: DHCP server on bridged interface(s)?  (Read 2828 times)
« on: August 09, 2007, 02:13:07 »
agathon *

I've got a two ethernet, one wireless setup running m0n0 1.3b2.  LAN (ath0) is the wireless, WAN (sis1) is the external wired connection, and OPT (sis0) is the internal wired connection.  LAN is 192.168.2.0/24 and OPT is bridged to LAN.  "Enable DHCP server on LAN interface" is checked.

Clients can get DHCP addresses on the internal wired connection (OPT, sis0) but cannot get them on the wireless (LAN, ath0).  However, the messages in the DHCP server log indicate that the IPs are being handed out on ath0, even when the client is coming in on the OPT (wired) interface.

What am I doing wrong, and how can I make it so that the same class C is handed out via DHCP to both wired (OPT) and wireless (LAN) internal clients?

Thanks,
Peter
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 19:44:58 »
Orienz *

What AP's are you using as a bridge connection ?
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 17:24:59 »
agathon *

I'm not using APs at all.  The only box is the WRAP with its two wired interfaces and one wireless interfaces.  The clients are all laptops and desktops with built-in wireless or a wired ethernet connection.

Basically, I wanted to serve the internal network, both wired and wireless clients, on the same class C using a DHCP server.  You know, just like any name-brand, junky $30 wireless router.  Wink

Pages: [1]