News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: UPnP ? Port triggering ?  (Read 4404 times)
« on: August 30, 2007, 16:08:15 »
Max2950 ***

Are there plans to add those features?

I would like to have at least Port Triggering.
Without this MSN file transfers are slow because they involve an intermediate third party server.....
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 14:08:56 »
Max2950 ***

Hi again, i have been googleing around about m0n0 and UPnP.... And what i can see is that it is a great debate....

I personnally think, that it is an end user reponsibility to enable or disable such feature. In my case we have 2 PC's at home, each of them get's their antivirus updated at least every two day. We never open untrusted mails nor do we accept file transfers from people without asking them what it is (to make sure it is not an IM worm replicating itself).

After reading lots of stuff i found i could live without UPnP, but not without port triggering....... Does pfSense have port triggering ? If yes i'll consider switching.... Wink
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 20:52:38 »
cmb *****

Off-by-default UPnP wouldn't be a bad idea, but nobody who wanted it has contributed the code to make it work. pfSense does support UPnP with miniupnpd, and it's pretty configurable so you can limit the potential for abuse.
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 22:00:55 »
Max2950 ***

In almost every consumer grade routers i've seen UPnP was there, but turned of by default.....

I just browsed around on the pfSense site, and as i have read into the forum "flash image is only provided as convenience"....
Since i run m0n0 on a Via C3 530Mhz thin client and a CF card (using CF/IDE adapter) flash image is a must have for me, and i do not want to run a stripped down version.... I want it all or not !  Grin

I have some programming skills but I would not even know where to start to add this to m0n0......  Cry
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 05:53:11 »
cmb *****

The pfSense embedded isn't really a second class citizen, packages aren't supported because of the limitations of the CF platform, but miniupnpd is in the base system.

Yeah I'd like to just add it to m0n0wall myself, but I completely lack any of the requisite programming skills. Plus I'm not sure if miniupnpd is ipfilter compatible, the guy who added it to pfsense had to do a good deal of work to the package to make it pf compatible. The same may be required for ipf.
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 10:12:30 »
Max2950 ***

Since i think i won't need the packages stuff i'll go with the embedded version. Does it only support serial console ?
If it bother me i'll give the hacom images a try... http://shopping.hacom.net/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=99....

Maybe i should post this to the pfSense board....  Roll Eyes Grin
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 04:17:54 »
cmb *****

Maybe i should post this to the pfSense board....  Roll Eyes Grin

Yes, we're way OT now.  Smiley

Pages: [1]