News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: console speed bug  (Read 3629 times)
« on: August 30, 2007, 19:43:58 »
FRLinux *

Hello, I am using m0n0 1.3b4 on a soekris 4801 with the usual sisX network card. Its console speed is set wrong I believe as it uses 9600cps to communicate when booting the FreeBSD kernel. As your FAQ mentions that m0n0 takes whichever speed is set in the BIOS (mine is set as default to 115200), i think it might be a feature (and 1.2xxx worked as expected from BIOS to login prompt).

This is my second install of m0n0 on soekris hardware and your distribution absolutely rocks, thanks a lot for all the good work.

If you have a wishlist, there is one thing only which might make me a very happy man, it is IPv6 configuration through AICCU (check http://www.sixxs.net/tools/aiccu/ for details). There are a few people using it out there and it is very lightweight. I am not asking for firewall rules matching IPv6, the tunnel heartbeat would be enough for me Smiley

Thanks again!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 10:52:13 »
cmb *****

Hello, I am using m0n0 1.3b4 on a soekris 4801 with the usual sisX network card. Its console speed is set wrong I believe as it uses 9600cps to communicate when booting the FreeBSD kernel. As your FAQ mentions that m0n0 takes whichever speed is set in the BIOS (mine is set as default to 115200), i think it might be a feature (and 1.2xxx worked as expected from BIOS to login prompt).

The newer FreeBSD that 1.3 uses doesn't support that option anymore, so that will only be true with 1.2 and prior releases.

Pages: [1]