News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Having problems getting started  (Read 3059 times)
« on: March 25, 2007, 09:14:25 »
bob1219 *

I have Monowall installed on an HP8750C, with a DLink 530TX and a Kingston KNE 120TX.  Monowall is installed on the hard drive.  It boots up fine but when I try option 1

"1) Interfaces: assign network ports"

I give it options of 'n' and 'a'. Then I connect an Ethernet cable to the LAN my PC is currently on, so that I get a link (the WAN is not connected).  It responds with

"No Link-up detected."

I've tried setting the LAN IP and just connecting to the web interface but I can't connect to it.

I know both of the cards work under knoppix, that's how I installed monowall.  I checked the supported hardware link and it lists a few Kingston cards but not the KNE120TX.  Has anyone had any luck with that card or do you have any other advice for me?

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 05:53:47 »
clarknova ***

Indeed, the KNE 120TX is not listed as supported in FreeBSD 4.11 or 6.2. You may have to find another NIC.

If you tried autodetecting your LAN interface with a straight network cable, you may want to try again with a crossover cable or switch, as not all cards will work with a straight cable in a pc to pc setup. It may be worth a try before tossing the card.

db
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 06:20:41 by clarknova »
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 13:18:48 »
bitonw **

for just more then a thea you got a pci realtek rtl8139 these days (ebay?). so that's your best bet i think. or have a look at the hard ware list of FreeBSD first if you have some other nics laying around...
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 03:09:01 »
raptorx2 *

I had to manually assign the IP ports....
when it 1st boots up you will see them:

LAN   ->rl0
WAN  ->rl1

Type them in instead of auto detect...

Hope this helps.

Rap
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 21:37:41 »
bitonw **

i had to manualy configure my nics since they are all the same realteks. just plug in one by one the utp cable starting with the first lan one. this one is most of the times on pci bus one, starting from the left if looking on the back of your box. also have a play with your bios settings as being written in the manual.

Pages: [1]