News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Web interface still (re)connected after reboot of m0n0wall  (Read 2906 times)
« on: March 26, 2007, 13:03:45 »
bitonw **

hi,

since yesterday i have installed m0n0wall on a old cyrix box with 3 realtek nic's. first on cd-rom for testing and later on the internal hard disk. i have installed the hard disk image via knoppix on the internal hard disk, works great.

this box is working fine and i'm impressed so far. gone make some more tests before it's gone replace my firewalls.

now my point... i had my laptop connected on the LAN nic with the m0nowall config web screen open. i then rebooted the m0n0wall box. when it came up i could continue using this web interface without the need of re logon...

i my opinion it should ask me to logon again... a firewall is a security box.

keep up the good work!

bt
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 14:35:20 »
phil *

That's basic HTML authentication for you. The password is static. It's stored in your browser while the browser is open.

You'll just have to remember to close down the browser when you're done, to make sure it loses the authentication token.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 16:48:45 »
bitonw **

i'm sorry but if i do the same with my cisco pix or sonicwall you HAVE to relogin to access the webgui...
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 17:12:36 »
clarknova ***

You can read Manuel's response to this in the FAQ: http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/faq-logout.html. If you're using Firefox you can use the "Clear Private Data" function to end your session. Other browsers will probably have a similar function.

db
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 21:34:22 »
bitonw **

ok, thanks

bt

Pages: [1]