News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Problem in 1.3b14??  (Read 4340 times)
« on: August 27, 2008, 10:09:21 »
speedup *

Hello,

I upgrded to 1.3b14 yesterday. Since that time VoiP did not work anymore (I use a VoiP-Gateway behind the m0n0wall - only some NAT rules from WAN to LAN are configured). After downgrading to 1.3b13 it was working again. I did not have the time for further analysis yet - but I'll do.

Ist there a problem known in 1.3b14 - e.g. concerning NAT?

Regards,
speedup
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 16:07:25 »
Guido *

Probably has something to do with the removed SIP proxy
"removed SIP proxy (not much feedback from users; used a considerable amount of space)"
Read here http://m0n0.ch/wall/beta.php information about the changes of the latest beta.
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 16:52:21 »
speedup *

Hi,

Probably has something to do with the removed SIP proxy

But SIP-Proxy is disabled in my configuration!

The only change that might have anything to do with my problem is "imported ipnat source port randomization...". But I did not configure that feature - I only uploaded the new SW.

Regards,
Speedup
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 06:14:15 »
ehanneken *

For what it's worth, my VoIP service broke when I upgraded to 1.234.  My phones still ring, and the other person on the line can hear me, but I can't hear anything he says.  I thought perhaps the firewall was blocking incoming UDP packets from my provider (ViaTalk), and indeed I did see some of that in the log.  However, when I opened up a large range of ports, the log cleared but the problem remained.

If that sounds like your problem, then it's not just 1.3b14.
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 07:56:30 »
speedup *

For what it's worth, my VoIP service broke when I upgraded to 1.234. 

If that sounds like your problem, then it's not just 1.3b14.

I agree with you. It sounds like a similar or even the same problem. I also had the problem that the other person on the line could not hear me when I initiated the call. But my phones did not ring when someone called me.

I hat a look into the change log to see what's common between 1.234 ans 1.3b14 and in my opinion it ist the "nat source port randomisation" and the updated of Dnsmasq to 2.45. May be the problem is related to that.

Huh

Regards,
Henning
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 16:10:39 »
ehanneken *

I have an update.  ViaTalk has "applied a change to [my] configuration" (I guess details would only have confused me), and now my service works again.  I'm left to conclude that they were making unwarranted assumptions about what ports my router was emitting packets from, but I can't be sure.

Now to try 1.235 . . .
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 05:24:19 »
swindmill *

I have also experienced the same problem when upgrading to 1.3b14. Do I need to contact my VOIP provider (ViaTalk in this case), or is this something that can be resolved in a future m0n0wall release? Anyone have a link to 1.3b13 in the meantime so I can downgrade?
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 08:43:08 »
speedup *

Anyone have a link to 1.3b13 in the meantime so I can downgrade?

You can find old releases under: ftp://m0n0wall.e-utp.net/pub/mirror/m0n0wall/

You have to rename the Image to embedded-1.3b13.img before downgrading.

Regards,
Speedup
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 22:46:56 »
ehanneken *

Do I need to contact my VOIP provider (ViaTalk in this case) . . . ?
That's what I had to do to get 1.234 to work.  I have since installed 1.235, and it hasn't caused any new troubles.

If you tell ViaTalk that you're running m0n0wall, they may remember what they did for me.  Good luck.
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 22:38:14 »
stephenb *

I just talked to viatalk after thinking of moving to pfsense. They made a change to the audio streaming for my account and that fixed it for me. I'm running 1.3b15 on ALIX.

If you have this problem give them a call.

Pages: [1]