News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: 1.3b15 (WRAP 1): Lan bridged WLAN becomes unresponsive after LAN if link DOWN  (Read 2489 times)
« on: March 25, 2009, 00:24:47 »
buks *

Hello everyone,

with image 13.b15 on a WRAP 1.x Board I see the following behaviour: WLAN (ath0 on opt1, bridged to LAN on sis0) becomes unresponsive sometime after an ethernet cable has been disconected from the the LAN if (usually > 15 min. later). This happens even if there is active traffic on the WLAN interface.

When this happens, WLAN goes back to work as soon as I connect a cable back to the LAN if.

This means I need to have an ethernet cable (and active host) connected all the time to the LAN interface even if all hosts want to connect via WLAN.

I am not sure if this is a configuration issue - and what needs to be configured differently - or if this is a bug? I would assume that m0n0wall should ignore the link status of the LAN if as long another if is brigded to it but that might not connected to the observed behaviour.

In the system log I don't see any relevant informaton (WLAN link was lost around :
-->>>WLAN is back to work:
  Mar 25 00:12:17    kernel: sis0: link state changed to DOWN

-->>> reconnected ethernet
  Mar 25 00:12:09    kernel: sis0: link state changed to UP

-->>> WLAN was lost some time afterh this handshake:
  Mar 25 00:10:10    hostapd: ath0: STA 00:11:f5:b9:ae:d8 WPA: group key handshake   completed (WPA)
  Mar 25 00:10:10    hostapd: ath0: STA 00:11:f5:b9:ae:d8 WPA: pairwise key handshake completed (WPA)
  Mar 25 00:10:10    hostapd: ath0: STA 00:11:f5:b9:ae:d8 IEEE 802.11: associated

Regards,

Burkhard

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 10:27:09 »
cmb *****

This is intended behavior. The IP you're using is on LAN, you can't unplug LAN or that IP is no longer available. 
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 10:58:46 »
zeljko *

I'm sorry but i have exactly the same problem.
(I need a day to understand why my wlan do that  Wink )

Is there a solution for this "problem"?
Because i can't switched on all day a host/switch on LAN port to use WLAN.
It's possible to disable this "power save" feature for LAN port?
Or alternative configuration of WLAN, but when i'm connected to WLAN and LAN is turned on, i need access from WLAN to LAN.   

Regards,

Zeljko

Pages: [1]