News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Scheduled Reboot  (Read 3549 times)
« on: April 14, 2007, 15:10:00 »
satlizard26 *

Hi all

Hopefully somebody can help, I'm looking for someway to do a scheduled reboot, a cron job or something. May be something like daily at 03:00.

I'am not to familiar with BSD, so some help with the command and how to make it persistant after reboot will we appreciated..!

Thx
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 23:00:52 »
cmb *****

There's no cron in m0n0wall so you would have to use curl or something of that nature on another system to do this.

It's really unnecessary though, there should never be any reason you need to reboot every day, or ever for that matter, unless you make substantial config changes that require it. 
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 09:57:18 »
satlizard26 *

I know, but my ISP has been very unstable the past few month, only way I can fix the problem is by rebooting my routerboard then m0n0wall, then all comes back to live.

Thx
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 21:51:15 »
cmb *****

The best thing I've seen people suggest, and know of people using, is a simple electric timer, like people commonly use for lamps and things of that nature. They set them to turn off at like 3:00 AM and back on at 3:05 AM.
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 14:08:22 »
Pete *

I am having issues like this as well. We deploy monowall as part of a business offering that we do.  In certain circumstances (and I'm not sure which), the monowall stops responding when I attempt to access it remotely.  I have always been remote to the system when it stops, and so am not sure what has happened internally on the network.  A reboot has always brought things back to life.  As you can understand, its slightly embarassing asking a customer to reboot his firewall.

I have two monowalls that stopped responding over the weekend.  I'm going out to investigate locally for the first time, today.  I'll post additional information as I discoverer it.

Pages: [1]