News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Online voucher sales using captive portal  (Read 5941 times)
« on: March 29, 2010, 17:03:54 »
norsor *

I'm trying to setup an online store so that if someone connects to the captive portal and doesn't have a username/password they can purchase a voucher to get on.

I'm wondering if anyone has a solution for this?  I need to be able to do the transaction and then return a voucher so they can get on the net right away.

Any help would be appreciated.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 14:43:19 »
millaamesh *

Ditto.
Allowing passthrough IP's for Paypal and Paypalobjects in the portal is a must but I'd always be a bit edgy about hardcoded IP's.  I'm still clueing up on how MW works and why it can't use DNS to get an IP or whole domain to pass.

After that you've got to script a voucher handout or not based on a PayPal response.  I've been looking at this for a few weeks and am suprised to find only scant evidence that anyone does online vouchers at all.

I think the shop fronts in my host spot footprint would prefer physical voucher rolls for them to retail.  So what I'm looking at now is a voucher printing system from the exported CSV files, preferablebly spat out by the shop's recipt printer??

I found this thread from 2007 about a voucher printing project but it didn't look to produce anything.  Sad http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=335/12

MM
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 03:22:54 »
norsor *

The voucher features has huge potential but is limited by the software available to make use of it.

I understand wanting a hard copy of the voucher on a receipt.

I want to be able to sell a voucher afterhours or without the need for an employee to process it.

I've tried a mod for zen cart which doesn't seem to work properly (I'm not a zencart expert either which might be part of the problem.)

Guess I'll have to keep looking.
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 22:22:27 »
jeangaud *

I made a php script to resell vouchers online with paypal.

If some are interessted, I may sell the script for 25$, since I've put couple of hours in it.

Here's what I did.

1) Created different kind of rolls in m0n0wall
2) Export the list to CSV
3) On the Internet portal, create the packages that correspond to the rolls and set prices
3) Import the codes in the correct packages
4) Have your clients point to the URL where they can buy a package
5) Codes are automatically given, upon the transaction is completed over paypal

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 18:14:39 »
naimcohen *

Hi

I would have sent a message rather than bringing up an old thread but I am not allowed to and I can't see any information in the rules or FAQ for this - but sorry if I've missed something out...

I would like to have my users able to pay via paypal. Could you be more specific on how you did it? I would be happy to purchase the script from you as I know how much effort is put into these things.

Thanks

Naim
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 02:54:10 »
jeangaud *

You need to whitelist some of paypal's network to be able to make it work.
You also need to host the script somewhere, I use Hostgator to host my sites.

I will make a small package this weekend and will send to people interessted.

Jean

Hi

I would have sent a message rather than bringing up an old thread but I am not allowed to and I can't see any information in the rules or FAQ for this - but sorry if I've missed something out...

I would like to have my users able to pay via paypal. Could you be more specific on how you did it? I would be happy to purchase the script from you as I know how much effort is put into these things.

Thanks

Naim
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 15:18:13 »
naimcohen *

That would be great thanks!

How would you whitelist paypals website? I have looked around but can't find information how to

Thanks!
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 23:29:11 »
naimcohen *

Hi,

Any update on this?

Thanks

Pages: [1]