News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Stability issues on ALIX.2D3  (Read 1470 times)
« on: March 31, 2010, 23:10:42 »
NycSmart1 *

Hi -

I'm running 1.31 on an ALIX.2D3 and am experiencing random crashes.  I originally thought this was a hardware issue and replaced the board, but they still occur, often weeks apart. When the box crashes it's completely dead with no access and no response (ping, etc..).

Any suggestions on how to debug this since logs are not persistent? My previous system was a Sokeris box and over 3-4 years never had a single crash and had uptimes of 6 months to a year.

Thanks,

Stuart
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 11:31:53 »
sc0rp *

Hi -

I'm running 1.31 on an ALIX.2D3 and am experiencing random crashes.  I originally thought this was a hardware issue and replaced the board, but they still occur, often weeks apart. When the box crashes it's completely dead with no access and no response (ping, etc..).

Any suggestions on how to debug this since logs are not persistent? My previous system was a Sokeris box and over 3-4 years never had a single crash and had uptimes of 6 months to a year.

Thanks,

Stuart

I'm also experiencing more crashes with later version > 1.3 on an ALIX.2D3, the box is only stable for some weeks, whereas before could be running for months, any other with similar problems?
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 02:35:06 »
NycSmart1 *

1.32 seems to have completely solved the issue for me.

Pages: [1]